Tailor's bunion (Bunionette)
Tailor’s bunion (Bunionette)
Tailor’s bunion, or Bunionette, is pain or swelling at the joint where the little toe begins. Pain in the joint is usually due to inflammation in the joint, in the so-called bursa. Symptoms that you can usually see are a bulge at the joint and swelling around. The little toe is also angled inwards towards the other toes. With the pressure against the little toe, calluses can also form on the outside and under the toe joint.
The reason for the tailor’s bunion is that you go and load the foot incorrectly and walk on the outside of the foot. The reason for this is that the big toe does not work properly and you unknowingly avoid straining it, and instead walk on the outside of the foot. This can be seen in the calluses you get under the little toe.
THIS IS HOW THE TREATMENT GOES
The treatment for a tailor’s bunion is that you have to start loading the foot correctly. You have to relieve the outside of the foot because the stress there causes the tailor’s bunion, it is mainly the big toe support that must come in, which has usually fallen away. The reason for this is Functional Hallux Limitus.
Treatment step by step
- First we go through the cause of the problem, we look at the posture of the foot.
- Then strength and mobility tests are performed on the feet.
- We treat the joints that do not move as they should.
- Then we have a basis on how we should treat your feet.
- For a tailor’s bunion you should treat so that the load is in the right place under the foot.
- The treatment is done with a device called StretchPower. With the help of a bar, we expose the lower leg to a pressure so that the ankle is bent, mobility is increased and the error is corrected. Before the treatment begins, we put it in the right position in StretchPower so that you get the desired effect on the treatment.
- After the treatment, we go through how you walk and use your step, this basically always needs to be corrected so that you start using your feet in the right way and bring out the function of the foot when you walk.
“Received a very good treatment from Vesa. He was very competent and nice. It was really worth going 50 miles to get a treatment with Pronatos. Also got many good tips and advice to be able to regain normal function in my foot.”
“Very nice and professional treatment. I got an understanding of the problem, good visual images and immediate help with the problem. Amazing to be able to get help so quickly! Now I will recommend my husband and a relative to book an appointment. I have understood the importance of the big toe!”
“Very knowledgeable in their field, highly recommended.”