Fat Pad Syndrome
Fat Pad Syndrome
Symptoms of fat pad syndrome are heel pain under load, pain around the heel bone, calluses on the heel and the heel bone can be experienced superficially under the heel pad.
It is often said that the causes of fat pad syndrome are what is named below in parentheses. But most often this condition is treatable by getting the structures (muscles and tendons) that pull in the heel to relax as they are in tension for other reasons. When we get these tensions to release, it does not pull on the bone membrane in the heel and the pain disappears. The reason is usually that the big toe does not bend under load, you have a condition called Functional Hallux Limitus. This condition stresses the sole of the foot and its structures.
These below mentioned reasons are NOT correct causes for a fat pad syndrome, we do not see these conditions existing in our treatments. Then we would not have any effect on our treatment.
(Fat pad syndrome is caused by overload of the connective tissue structure surrounding the heel. The cause of the pain in the heel cushion can be many, often the pain comes from hard load for a long time or hard shocks to the heel that can come from jumping and landing on hard surfaces. Rapid weight gain , walking barefoot too much on hard surfaces or age-affecting factors can also be causes that affect the connective tissue structure.)
THIS IS HOW THE TREATMENT GOES
The treatment for fat pad syndrome is to make the muscles under the foot relax so that it does not pull on the structures that attach to the heel bone.
Treatment step by step
- First we go through the cause of the problem, we look at the posture of the foot.
- Then strength and mobility tests are performed on the feet.
- We treat the joints that do not move as they should.
- Then we have a basis on how we should treat your feet.
- For fat pad contusion, one should treat the right muscles to release the tension that gives the pain.
- The treatment is done with a device called StretchPower. With the help of a bar, we expose the lower leg to a pressure so that the ankle is bent, mobility is increased and the error is corrected. Before the treatment begins, we put it in the right position in StretchPower so that you get the desired effect on the treatment.
- After the treatment, we go through how you walk and use your step, this basically always needs to be corrected so that you start using your feet in the right way and bring out the function of the foot when you walk.
“Received a very good treatment from Vesa. He was very competent and nice. It was really worth going 50 miles to get a treatment with Pronatos. Also got many good tips and advice to be able to regain normal function in my foot.”
“Very nice and professional treatment. I got an understanding of the problem, good visual images and immediate help with the problem. Amazing to be able to get help so quickly! Now I will recommend my husband and a relative to book an appointment. I have understood the importance of the big toe!”
“Very knowledgeable in their field, highly recommended.”