Fat Pad Syndrome
Fat Pad contusion
Symptoms of fat pad contusion are heel pain under load, pain around the heel bone, and the heel bone can be experienced skin-deep under the heel pad.
However, this condition is often treatable by getting the structures, muscles, and tendons that pull in the heel to relax as they are in tension for different reasons. When we get these tensions to release, it does not pull on the bone surface (periost) in the heel, and the pain disappears. The reason is usually that the big toe does not bend under load. There is a condition called Functional Hallux Limitus. This condition stresses the sole and its structures.
THIS IS HOW THE TREATMENT IS DONE
The treatment for fat pad contusion is to make the muscles under the foot relax to not pull on the structures that attach to the heel bone.
Treatment step by step
- First, we go through the cause of the problem. We look at the posture of the foot.
- Then strength and mobility tests are performed on the feet.
- We treat the joints that do not move as they should.
- Then we have a basis on how we should treat the feet.
- The treatment is done with a device called StretchPower. With the help of a bar, we expose the lower leg to pressure so that the ankle is bent, mobility increases, and the error is corrected. Before the treatment begins, we put it in the correct position in StretchPower to get the desired effect on the treatment.
- We usually get an immediate result on the pain that has arisen, and the patient feels much better immediately after the treatment.
- After the treatment, we go through how you walk and use your gait. The walking pattern always needs to be corrected so that you start using your feet in the right way and bring out the function of the foot when you walk.