Symptoms of Hallux Valgus are crooked big toes, where the big toe goes outwards. There is often pain in the big toe joint and forefoot and at the same time a swelling forms around the big toe joint. The lump is a result of the metatarsal going inwards and the toe going outwards. The condition is most common among women. The cause of Hallux Valgus is that the big toe does not bend under load. Thus you have Functional Hallux Limitus, which means that the big toe does not bend when you cross it, which leads to stress in the joint.
The brain then sends out signals to the body that tell you not to walk on the joint because it hurts. This leads to you going obliquely over it and over time, for every step you take, the heel goes inwards and the big toe joint is forced outwards.
After the treatments, patients with Hallux Valgus are always pain-free as a result of the joint being released and then there will be less pressure which makes it less irritating.
THIS IS HOW THE TREATMENT GOES
The treatment involves releasing the joint so that the big toe can bend upwards.
Treatment step by step
- First we go through the cause of the problem, we look at the posture of the foot.
- Then strength and mobility tests are performed on the feet.
- The big toe has a changed movement pattern that we try to correct.
- The patient receives exercises that they can do at home to influence the position of the big toe.
- Then we have a basis on how we should treat your feet.
- The treatment is done with a device called StretchPower. With the help of a bar, we expose the lower leg to a pressure so that the ankle is bent, mobility is increased and the error is corrected. Before the treatment begins, we put it in the right position in StretchPower so that you get the desired effect on the treatment.
- After the treatment, we go through how you walk and use your step, this basically always needs to be corrected so that you start using your feet in the right way and bring out the function of the foot when you walk.
“Received a very good treatment from Vesa. He was very competent and nice. It was really worth going 50 miles to get a treatment with Pronatos. Also got many good tips and advice to be able to regain normal function in my foot.”
“Very nice and professional treatment. I got an understanding of the problem, good visual images and immediate help with the problem. Amazing to be able to get help so quickly! Now I will recommend my husband and a relative to book an appointment. I have understood the importance of the big toe!”
“Very knowledgeable in their field, highly recommended.”