Ingrown nails occur when the edges and corners of the toenails grow into the skin. You then feel pain in the area and there is often a redness and swelling. In many cases, there is also inflammation at the swollen area and there may be pus and blood in the edge of the nail. Ingrown nails are most common on the big toe and most often occurs due to incorrectly cut nails or tight shoes. But in cases where it does not heal, the reason is probably that you do not go over the big toe as you should, then there will be no pressure under the toe that counteracts the bending of the nail downwards. Then the edges will grow down too sharply. The reason why you do not cross the big toe is that it does not bend in the walking phase, which means that you unconsciously avoid walking on it. There is research that shows that this is exactly what often happens when you have an ingrown nail that does not heal.
THIS IS HOW THE TREATMENT GOES
The treatment for ingrown nails is that we have to get our toes to apply pressure against the surface when walking. So that there is a back pressure against the bending of the nail so that it is counteracted. The reason why there is no pressure under the big toe is a condition called Functional Hallux Limitus, this condition disappears with the Pronatos treatment.
Treatment step by step
- First we go through the cause of the problem, we look at the posture of the foot.
- Then strength and mobility tests are performed on the feet.
- We treat the joints that do not move as they should.
- Then we have a basis on how we should treat your feet.
- For tight nails, you should treat the right muscles to release the tension that gives the pain in addition to the reduced mobility.
- The treatment is done with a device called StretchPower. With the help of a bar, we expose the lower leg to a pressure so that the ankle is bent, mobility is increased and the error is corrected. Before the treatment begins, we put it in the right position in StretchPower so that you get the desired effect on the treatment.
- After the treatment, we go through how you walk and use your step, this basically always needs to be corrected so that you start using your feet in the right way and bring out the function of the foot when you walk.
“Received a very good treatment from Vesa. He was very competent and nice. It was really worth going 50 miles to get a treatment with Pronatos. Also got many good tips and advice to be able to regain normal function in my foot.”
“Very nice and professional treatment. I got an understanding of the problem, good visual images and immediate help with the problem. Amazing to be able to get help so quickly! Now I will recommend my husband and a relative to book an appointment. I have understood the importance of the big toe!”
“Very knowledgeable in their field, highly recommended.”