Heel Spur/Plantar Fasciitis
Heel Spur/Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis causes pain in the arch of the foot and heel spur causes pain on the inside of the heel, where there may be an outgrowth of calcification that becomes like a sharp spur that hurts if you press it. You can have a spur that is visible on the X-ray that does not bother you.
Those affected usually feel pain under the heel or the arch of the foot. The pain is usually worse in the morning when you get up and when you have strained or stressed your foot in different ways. The pain usually varies during the day and can subside when you have moved and then return later in the day. The cause is stress in the muscles of the arch of the foot. The muscles become stressed by the arch not coming up when walking.
This means that when you move forward, the arch of the foot does not go up but is pulled out instead, the muscles become stressed and there are then pulls in the structures that are under the foot. When the muscles try to resist the movement, they become overstressed. The reason why this happens is that the big toe does not bend, so that the arch of the foot does not come up, instead the muscles try to pull up the arch of the foot, which leads to stress in the muscles.
THIS IS HOW THE TREATMENT GOES
The treatment for Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur is to start the function of the big toe so that the big toe becomes mobile again and regains a dynamic with the Plantar Fascia that lifts the arch of the foot. The arch of the foot then gets stressed off and you get rid of your Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Spur. It is the muscles that become overstressed in the arch of the foot.
Treatment step by step
- First we go through the cause of the problem, we look at the posture of the foot.
- Then strength and mobility tests are performed on the feet.
- It is important that the joints move in the right way to relieve the plantar (sole of the foot) structures
- Then we have a basis on how we should treat your feet.
- The treatment is done with a device called StretchPower. With the help of a bar, we expose the lower leg to a pressure so that the ankle is bent, mobility is increased and the error is corrected. Before the treatment begins, we put it in the right position in StretchPower so that you get the desired effect on the treatment.
- After the treatment, we go through how you walk and use your step, this basically always needs to be corrected so that you start using your feet in the right way and bring out the function of the foot when you walk.
“Received a very good treatment from Vesa. He was very competent and nice. It was really worth going 50 miles to get a treatment with Pronatos. Also got many good tips and advice to be able to regain normal function in my foot.”
“Very nice and professional treatment. I got an understanding of the problem, good visual images and immediate help with the problem. Amazing to be able to get help so quickly! Now I will recommend my husband and a relative to book an appointment. I have understood the importance of the big toe!”
“Very knowledgeable in their field, highly recommended.”