Morton’s neuroma syndrome is pain in the forefoot and radiating pain to the toes. Occasionally there may also be a feeling of numbness in the toes. The pain comes from a nerve being pinched between two bones in the forefoot. The nerve then swells and it becomes further pinched. Morton’s neuroma is due to going wrong over the foot and stressing the weaker outside of the foot. The pain is often burning and tingling and usually increases with activity and when using tight shoes. Calluses are often seen under the foot on the small toe side or under the forefoot as a sign of incorrect gait. You may also have received a tailoring knot on the base joint of the little toe as an additional sign of overloading the outside of the foot.
THIS IS HOW THE TREATMENT GOES
Treatment step by step
- First we go through the cause of the problem, we look at the posture of the foot.
- Then strength and mobility tests are performed on the feet.
- We examine which nerves are involved with different tests, or if there is something else that causes the pain. So that we get a correct diagnosis.
- Then we have a basis on how we should treat your feet.
- The treatment is done with a device called StretchPower. With the help of a bar, we expose the lower leg to a pressure so that the ankle is bent, mobility is increased and the error is corrected. Before the treatment begins, we put it in the right position in StretchPower so that you get the desired effect on the treatment.
- After the treatment, we go through how you walk and use your step, this basically always needs to be corrected so that you start using your feet in the right way and bring out the function of the foot when you walk.
“Received a very good treatment from Vesa. He was very competent and nice. It was really worth going 50 miles to get a treatment with Pronatos. Also got many good tips and advice to be able to regain normal function in my foot.”
“Very nice and professional treatment. I got an understanding of the problem, good visual images and immediate help with the problem. Amazing to be able to get help so quickly! Now I will recommend my husband and a relative to book an appointment. I have understood the importance of the big toe!”
“Very knowledgeable in their field, highly recommended.”